The weather this past weekend has been downright freezing. It was actual winter status. Not puny Central Texas winter but highs around 40, lows near freezing, cold rains and winds that wouldn’t die down. That’s pretty legit. There was no snow (let’s get serious) but it still qualifies as pretty chilly. As a result, I spent almost the entire weekend indoors. This may be the worst of winter here, so I took full advantage and did almost all of my favorite winter things!
- Wore my pajamas almost nonstop- I took a couple breaks to run errands and most importantly to see Hunger Games: Catching Fire! Definitely worth taking a shower and putting on real clothes for.
- Watched way more movies and TV than normal. The highlights include In The Loop, Fried Green Tomatoes, Semper Fi and Skyfall. Check out Semper Fi: Always Faithful. It’s about the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina. Very disturbing and very powerful documentary.
- Drank hot tea all day until it was time to switch to red wine.
- Crafted! Everyone I know, please prepare yourself for homemade gifts. I spent hours painting, sanding, knitting and experimenting. I’d tell you more about it but the recipients of these gifts will probably look at this post. More later. Also, crafting goes hand in hand with excessive time on Pinterest. You probably already knew that.
- Cleaned. I thought the Alaskan boy’s mom was coming to town so I did a ton of laundry and cleaning. I know this should not be on my list of favorite things but the satisfaction I feel when I look at my finally cleaned fan blades is pretty fantastic right now.
- And the highlight? I took a bubble bath and read my book. I’m almost finished with Beach Music by Pat Conroy! It took me a while to get into it but it’s definitely got my attention right now.
I know most people are experiencing really harsh winter conditions right now. I hope if you are, you’re able to stay warm and dry. Sometimes I forget but I am thankful for Texas winters. Hope you had a great weekend too!